Saturday, June 26, 2010

Girls Camp & Mr. Mom

This week I left early Tuesday morning for Girls Camp! I was the leader, along with a sister from another ward, for all the 1st year girls in our stake. We had 14 girls and they were very sweet and a lot of fun. Our camp directors worked very hard to make it a great experience for the girls. The camp we were at had some really fun things for the girls to do: zip line, a high ropes course, rock climbing and a giant swing (which sadly I couldn't do any of them being pregnant!) When I first volunteered to go to Girls Camp it was in the beginning of this pregnancy and I don't think I realized exactly how pregnant I would be at this point! But I was very blessed and was able to sleep well and feel pretty good the whole time. Of course everyone was so nice to me, getting me chairs and asking me if I was okay. I missed my kids a lot, I have never been away from them for so long! But since we've known about this for a while Brian was able to arrange his schedule so he could be home the whole time and be Mr. Mom. They had a lot of fun without me - going to the park, the lake, the zoo and the library. In fact I think the kids might want me to go to school and Brian to stay home! And I better add that the house was very clean when I came home. Brian makes a pretty great stay at home dad! I have some girls camp pictures but won't be posting them since they are of other people's children and because I had the camera Brian only has some pictures on his phone. It was a fun week, but we are all ready to resume our regular schedules!

Who wouldn't be thrilled to hang out with these 3 cuties 24/7??
Nora giving the baby a "hug"

5 comments:

Tim and Angela Johnson said...

I missed you Lexie, thanks for coming back! Brian did do a wonderful job, Timmy was very impressed and wondered if he would be able to do that! I told them I would try that experiment any time!

Ann said...

Angela, you deserve it too! We'll have a talk with Timmy! haha

Lexie, you are amazing! I never have enough energy when I'm prego, much less go away with teenagers for a week! And as always, you look amazing! Too cute!

John and Penny said...

Your right Lexie, who wouldn't want to hang out with these three awesome kids. I'd do it in a heart beat. I guess I've come a long way because I really needed a gold star for staying with Sophie all night while you had Nora. I enjoyed it but I was pretty nervous. But now bring it on!!! I miss those little cusses!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I am guessing that is my dad in the comment above. "Cusses" is kind of a Dalley word. Either that or my dad has rubbed off on your mom. :) You look so tan and happy. I love it when you post pics of yourself. It helps those of us that don't see you very often (or ever).

John and Penny said...

What a girl you are! I am going to girls camp the end of July and I can hardly wait! Although I am a bit worried about the sleeping part. Way to go Brian. I always knew he was Mr. Wonderful, of yes, I believe it was YOU that told me that. You do look way cute and BIG. I love the belly. The kids are pretty lucky to have such great parents. Love you all and can't wiat to see you.