Thursday, October 8, 2009

You will love me...

Once you make this soup. It is my all - time most favorite recipe EVER. I make it weekly from October - March. It is that good. My mother-in-law gave me the recipe and we had it for dinner when we had Nora's baby blessing. I have been meaning to post it forever but the problem is that when I sign up at church to take a meal to someone this is always what I take - so I don't want to take something someone has all the time. Get it? But I think every good recipe is meant to be shared - so here it is! Hope you like it. Oh, and it is best with homemade bread - heaven.

Cheesy Zucchini Soup

Sautee until tender:

-2 medium zucchini chopped (I use 1 green & 1 yellow zucchini)

-1 medium onion

-2 Tblsp. Parsley

-1 tsp. dried basil

-1/3 cup butter

Stir in:

-1/3 cup flour

-1 tsp. salt

-¼ tsp. pepper

Stir in:

-3 cups water

-3 chicken bouillon cubes (or 3 cups chicken broth)

-1 tsp. lemon juice

Bring to boil 2 minutes

Add:

-1 can tomatoes

-1 can evaporated milk

-1 pkg. corn or 1 can drained

Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes

Just before serving, Add:

-¼ cup parmesan cheese

-2 cups shredded cheddar

8 comments:

John and Penny said...

FINALLY! Thanks for the yummy soup recipe. Love ya. momma

Aubreydoll said...

I have to say that we're not veggie people, and I loved this soup when you made it for us!! And, you're right, the fresh bread made it that much better! Yum!!

Emily said...

Yes, I LOVE this soup, and we eat it often.
It's not at all what you expect it to be~

Matt and Emily said...

I agree- best soup ever! It's my favorite too!

Johnson said...

I LOVE soups!!! I'll try it this weekend since it's going to be COLD. THANKS!

Ann said...

Is this the same one you do in the crock pot that you made us? I loved it! If it wasn't, maybe you should post that reciepe for me too! So yummy!

Amy K said...

80% of the people who commented on this post must be your neighbors and have benefited from a dinner from you. You must take dinner to a lot of people. :) Wish we were neighbors too.

Can't wait to try the soup. I love recommendations like that!

Amy K said...

Lexie, just wanted you to know that I LOVED this soup. Thanks for the recipe. On the day I made it (yesterday), I just happen to get a call from the RS president who needed help taking dinner to a couple of families. So I volunteered to double the soup and it fed four families that night! I wasn't worried at all that I had never made it. Anyway, thanks. It's a keeper!!