Monday, September 28, 2009

These small hours...

Yesterday afternoon was perfect. Brian was out doing visits with our ward so the kids and I decided to go on a walk. Nora and Miles were in the stroller and Sophie was on her bike. We were just going to go around the block but ended up walking the route that I run in the mornings. I didn't have my camera, my cell phone or a watch so it was just a peaceful walk talking with my kids about whatever they wanted to talk about. Nora spied a huge hairy caterpillar that had to come home with us, we stopped at the nearby middle school's football field and played on their football practice equipment - which the girls loved and reminded me of doing the exact same thing in the field across from the house where I grew up. Then we found a great rolling hill - there are not a lot of hills around here - so we had to try it out. I haven't rolled down a hill in a very long time and I thought I was going to puke! We were all laughing so hard. Miles couldn't roll very fast so I strapped him in the jogging stoller and pushed him up a smaller hill and then let it go! He loved it and laughed so hard I had to do it 3 more times. Then we walked back home. It was so great not to be concerned about getting anywhere or taking pictures or answering my phone. Just enjoying my kids. Once we got back home Nora had an accident, Miles head-butted me and gave me a fat lip and Sophie had a meltdown over playing with the neighbor's broken tire...... and the chaos resumed.
But those few hours were pure bliss.

5 comments:

Ann said...

I call those tender mercie moments! If it weren't for those, the chaos moments would take over. You have such sweet little kids. We love them! Have them come over and play. (When I feel better. Don't wanna get them sick!) Thanks again for the rolls. They were yummy!

emily said...

Oh, the joys and the chaos.... thank heavens for the joyful parts or else there would be at least four more kids up for adoption in Georgia..

Matt and Emily said...

How fun, Owen & Ava just recently discovered riding our stroller down our little hill- it is sooooo funny. I would love to see Miles- I bet it's hilarious. Love you guys.

John and Penny said...

Love this entry sis! momma

Aubreydoll said...

Those are the moments that you have to live for!