Sophie started First Grade today! School doesn't start here until after Labor Day - which I think is awesome. We met Sophie's teacher last week and according to Soph "she is a really sweet lady". It was bittersweet sending her off today where I no longer have control of the things she is learning and the kids she is playing with. But she will learn and grow from all of these experiences and I am excited for her. And I admit - I am really looking forward to running errands with just two kids to pack around! :) I will miss having my Sophie girl home to help entertain Miles and I will miss her grand daily plans for slumber parties, beauty shops, selling stands and camp-outs!
The night before school started I asked Sophie if she was ready for school again. Of course she said yes and then asked me if I was ready for her to start school. I said, "I'm not really excited for you to be gone all day!" To which she replied, "Oh mom, I'll be back next summer!"
PS. For another funny Sophie story click HERE.
5 comments:
Sophie you are growing up too fast! You look so pretty in your new school outfit. Grandpa sure misses you. It was so wonderful having you and your brother and sister (and mom and dad) Oh well, your family here. I'm glad we got to sleep out in the tree house too. Love you!
First grade! So crazy. She is one cute little girl. I loved running last night. I hope we can do it again soon!
I am so glad Sophie had likes school. She looks adorable of course! She will be getting married before you know it! J/K!!! Miss you all. Miles does not look like he is loving the attention from all those girls. Give him time and he will.
She is so sweet.
It was nice to see you at the carnival! Your kids are just darling.
You are an adorable first grader, Sophie!!!
Post a Comment