Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is Brian's birthday - and it's a big one. He is now a 30 year old! We met when he was 15, so now I've known him for 1/2 of his life. Crazy!
In honor of his 30th birthday here are 30 things I know and love about him:

1.He is FUNNY - and he knows it. But it's true! He makes me laugh every day.
2. I have never seen him lose his temper, he is as cool as a cucumber.
3. He loves telling a good story - and does so very intensely
4. I have to be there to correct these stories - because he often exaggerates them! :)
5. He loves playing board games - Yahtzee, Scrabble, etc.
6. He is not a TV watcher. Unless it's Sports or something like the History Channel.
7. He gets teary almost as often as me watching good movies/shows like Extreme Home Makeover (the other night we watched Pollyanna and we both cried at the end! Haha!)
8. I don't know anyone who doesn't immediately like Brian.
He's just one of those people who is so darn likable!
9. He can meet a total stranger and strike up an hour long conversation with them.
10. He is always wanting to learn. For example, whenever we take any of the kids to the doctor he is constantly asking what the machines/tools are for.
Sometimes I wonder if it drives the doctors crazy!
11. He is always so patient with our children, and rarely even raises his voice at them.
12. He always cheers for the underdog - which explains why he's been a Jazz fan for so long!
13. He always gives other people the benefit of the doubt.
14. He loves getting songs stuck in my head. All he has to do is sing one little snippet of a song and it is in my head for the rest of the day. Drives me crazy.
15. He never knows all the words to a song! But that does not stop him from singing, he just makes up his own words- and they usually sound like they might be right!
16. He is an awesome cleaner. It comes in bursts, but when he is in the cleaning mode it rocks.
17. He is super tolerant of his impulsive wife!
18. I know if there was something I really wanted he would find a way to get it for me.
19. Even when he is very busy he always finds a way to be with his family for a little bit each day. 20. He loves when we get new library books almost as much as the kids do (possibly more!)
21. He is always positive and optimistic.
22. He always has a smile on his face. Even in High School people would comment on how he always looked so happy!
23. He loves music. Unfortunately playing it has been put on hold for now but someday he'll be able to enjoy playing the piano again. For now he still loves listening to it.
24. He loves finding totally random, funny videos on YouTube. Like THIS one or THIS one.
25. He is completely unselfish and NEVER even mentions anything that he wants for himself.
26. The kids all scream and race to the door every day around 530 when they hear Brian walk through it. It warms my heart every time!
27. He is a great student and enjoys learning.
28. He is a great teacher.
29. He is a worthy priesthood holder and fulfills his church callings 110%.
30. I hope our girls find someone who treats them just like their dad treats me.

I'm so lucky to have him as my husband. Happy Birthday Brian! You're the best.

11 comments:

Christopher Phillips said...

Wow Lexie- great description of Brian, truly to know him is to love him. I saw a great description of friend the other day that reminded me of Brian:

"Someone you take responsibility for, who in turn takes responsibility for you."

As Brian's older brother, I feel like Hyrum Smith or Sam must have felt in following their younger brother's Joseph and Nephi. I just hope that whatever Brian decided to do to change the world, I'll be able to fly wingman-

Love you brother-

Johnson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We sure like you too!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Brian! A great list by your great wife! Have an awesome day~!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Brian! I know the Overson's LOVE to hang out with you guys! You do always make us laugh and we have always felt welcome around you. Thanks for being a great friend and AWESOME neighbor!

Aubreydoll said...

Wow, this is a big year for quite a few husbands around here! Happy Birthday, Brian!

(And don't worry, it's not THAT bad being married to a 30-year old...) :)

Jeremy & Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Brian! We sure do love you over in the Rawlings household. I love that Jeremy and Brian always got mistaken for brothers even still to this day whenever someone sees your family picture on our fridge. It's probably because they both have so many of those great attributes.

I was just thinking about something funny Brian did when I was just starting to date Jeremy he had overheard me say that the part of the sixth sense that scared me the most was the part where all the cupboards were open because I hate that more than anything in a kitchen. So he had secretly broken into my house and left all the cupboards in the kitchen open for me when I got home.
Shoot! we miss being close to you guys. Happy Birthday Brian!

John and Penny said...

Wow! Lexie always did say your were awesome. I totally agree with every one of those THIRTY THINGS!! It's awesome you almost on our side of life!!! HAHA! I do love you, always have, always will! Happy Birthday old man. penny momma

John and Penny said...

Hey now your only 26 1/2 years younger than me! Wow that's still a lot. Even so you feel more like a great friend than a son-in-law. I am so proud of you Brian and real grateful that you came to your senses and married the very best girl you could have found if you searched the entire world. It's wonderful to have you and your family in my life. Happy birthday!
Love, John

Ashlee said...

Happy Birthday Brian! Laynee and Shay were so excited to see you on our computer! We wish you the best and hope you had a great day!

Erin Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday Brian! It is kind of neat to me that you and Lexie and Matt and I all got married on the same day in the same temple! You and Lexie have always seemed like a great couple and it is obvious you still are! I can't believe we are all getting to our 30's (thanks for taking on that one first ;) ) You have an awesome family! Hope you have a great Birthday!

Erin Jeanne said...

P.S. I still giggle when I think of you waking up in Pre-calc with the pages of the book stuck to your face! Learning by osmosis!