Wednesday, September 16, 2009

End of summer fun

We are trying to enjoy the last bit of summer - although I am anticipating fall with a very high degree of excitement - I love fall and wish the seasons went like this: Spring - Fall - Summer - Fall - Winter - Fall - back to Spring. But maybe I wouldn't enjoy it so much if that were the case. Anyway. Here are some pics of us hanging out at our favorite places for summer fun!

The Park:

When I look at pictures of Sophie lately I realize how much she is growing up!
Miles really wanted to play at the park.... he really did! But he couldn't bear to part with his 2 Mater's to do anything that required the use of his hands.
Here is Nora's version of "look at the camera"
Yep, still got 'em...

We also went to the Lake for the last time to swim
There was a garden that was FULL of frogs! You could hear them jumping all over
- here are just two of them.
Brian and the kids looking for fish
Nora could spend an entire day playing in the sand and water. Sophie enjoys it but after about an hour she rinses off and gets dressed and says she's done. I think Nora could play at the beach - all by herself - for hours on end! She loves it!
Miles peeking at me from the stroller
Brian worked so hard to catch some minnows for the kids, under less than perfect minnow-catching conditions. All he had was a small bucket - he did manage to catch one!
I was helping Sophie float on her back all by herself. She hadn't figured out how to hold her breath and float, but she did it that day and was quite excited.

2 comments:

Kyle and Janell said...

I was just thinking exactly the same thing today while we were at the park. I just want to squeeze every drop out of summer! But I am getting some fall decorations out, that makes me happy too!

John and Penny said...

Keep squeezing!! The days are winding down quickly, fall will be here soon. Love Nora "looking" at the camera! Sophie is looking pretty grown up. Glad to see Miles still loves cars. What adorable children you have. Brian is such a good sport to catch those minnows. I can't believe it is still warm enough to get in the water. Enjoy!!!