We had a wonderful Fourth of July this year. I claim it as my most favorite Holiday - but Brian claims I say that on every holiday! What can I say - I love to celebrate! :) That morning we went to the parade downtown Lansing, which is so different than the parades I grew up going to- (think belly dancers, lots of politicians, tons of cars and hardly any candy vs. dairy princesses, marching bands, cheer squads, local restaurants and more candy than we can consume in a month...) But it was still a parade so we had a good time!

Brian and Miles enjoying the parade!

Nora, Shay, Laynee and Sophie getting one of their four pieces of candy

Sophie was thrilled with this piece of chocolate money and started licking her lips right away!

Some fun dancers - the girls thought their dresses were so beautiful!

A crazy rock band - I almost covered the girls' eyes when this fellow started jumping down and doing some pretty questionable dance moves...

Cute Nora loved waving her flag - (even though I missed the flag in the picture!)

Shay and Miles

Mile had fun but was a little overwhelmed by all the craziness

This is the look he had watching all the motorcyles go by from the Biker's Church.

Just ONE of the MANY MANY cars like this that went through the parade!

Brian and Miles and Andy and Shay

Miles liked waving his little flags
After the parade we came home and got ready for our 4th of July barbecue in our backyard. It was so much fun. We are so lucky to have such great friends here! We had some delicious food and lots of fun! Thanks for coming everyone! Plan on coming back next year - those of you who are still here anyway :(

Here is cute Ellie devouring her ice cream cone. She was all business.

Laynee and Alexis watching the "fireworks"

Brian preparing for the "grand finale"

Some of the crowd in the backyard... Sadly I didn't get a lot of pictures of everyone!

Some of the tie-dying creations. It was so fun! And who says the tie-dyed look isn't in style?

My cute neighbor Zac!

A few of the girls hanging out on the hammock!
We had such a fun time and ended the night by catching fireflies and watching some neighbors put on a HUGE fireworks show! They were awesome and I'm sure very expensive (
and quite possibly illegal!) Sophie and Nora stayed up until 12:30!! But every now and then it's worth it.
8 comments:
Ugh! I really do wish I would have been there! E.Jay said it was a blast and one of the best 4th of July's ever (despite not having us there, haha). We really feel like our neighborhood is the best and feel like family! Thank you so much for hosting such a wonderful party! You guys are the best!
Thanks so much for such a fun night. We had a blast, you guys really know how to throw a party. I might steal that picture of Ellie eating her ice cream if that is OK. We take treats very seriously in our family:)
Looks like so much fun! I love Nora & Sophie's cute hair things. And I am still sad I didn't get to see any fireflies- sounds pretty fitting for the 4th of July!
I hope you covered YOUR eyes too! My what a sight that fella is. It does sound like you had a great time. I am so glad you have such close friends and neighbors there too! The kids i'm sure had a blast. You are a party girl. Love you all. naunie
Sad to say, there weren't any guys like that in the Huntington parade:) Ha!
Jannika got super excited when she got one of those gold money candies too!
Great pictures. Looks like you had lot's of fun. Can't wait to see you all even though I'll be gone when you get here. I think I'll be back late Tuesday night so don't let the kids do anything cute till I get there! Grandpa John
As always, you guys hosted a fabulous BBQ! There is never a dull moment in that backyard of yours. The girls have already been sporting their tye dyed shirts around town. I think tye dying may have to become a 4th of July family tradition for us now, you've got us hooked!
That parade makes me laugh!!!! We went to it last year. Now that we are home, it is a whole different experience at the parade in Utah. All the crazy cars and belly dancers, there nothing like it. Hehheh
Looks like you had a fun fourth of July.
Post a Comment