Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Brian!

The Man I Married
I was tagged by my friend Andrea so I thought I'd do this in honor of my hubby's 29th birthday!

1. What is his name? Brian Nelson
2. Who eats more? It depends on what it is. If it's beef jerky he does. If it's chocolatey then I do!
3. Who said I love you first? I don't remember.... but it could have been me.
4. Who is taller? Brian - but not by much. We are 5'4 and 5'8
5. Who is smarter? When it comes to "book smart" right now definitely Brian..... I mean he is in doctorate school for heavens sake!
6. Who is more sensitive? In general me... but he does get emotional watching very sad/happy things! :) Sorry to rat you out honey.
7. Who does the laundry? Me. But I think he knows how?
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? That depends on how you are looking at the bed..... If your laying in it then it's him...... if your looking at it then it's me!
9. Who pays the bills? Me. But he makes the money.
10. Who cooks more? Me. But I don't mind because he isn't picky! And he did make waffles a few months ago.... oh, and he makes an awesome omelette!
11. What meals do you cook together? He is great at entertaining the kids while I get dinner ready!
12. Who is more stubborn? Definitely me.
13. Who is the first to admit they're wrong? Whoever is wrong! I think we are both good at that. But it just might be a little harder for me.... :)
14. Who has more siblings? He does. I have 2 and he has 7
15. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Depends on the situation
16. What do you like to do together? Play games, go on walks, hang out with the kids, watch movies, enjoy being outdoors
17. Who eats more sweets? He likes the fruity ones (skittles, starbursts, etc.) and I like the chocolate, caramel and peanut butter ones. Mmmm.I think I'm hungry now.
18. Guilty pleasures? sports (playing & watching), youtube, watching Office reruns
19. How did you meet? On our High School cross county team
20. When did you fall in love with him? Immediately. I was smitten at first glance - seriously. He took some convincing! :) And there were some (okay - a lot!) of rough patches after his mission... but that's another story for another day
21. Who has changed the most since you married? I think we're both a lot the same, but we've definitely grown a lot together.
22. Who proposed? He did. I was shocked. We hadn't really seen each other in about 5 months... but that is also another story for another day!
23. His best features? I like 'em all!
24. What is his greatest quality? He is just an all around good person. He is always willing to help others and always trying to be the best that he can be. And always has a smile on his face!
These kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful dad! They adore him!

13 comments:

John and Penny said...

I have to admit I think Brian is pretty awesome too! Why didn't you answer no. 15? Who wears the pants? What an awesome family! Lucky dad, lucky kids and lucky you! Lucky us as in-laws too! happy b-day Brian. We love you too!

emily said...

Which pants are you referring to?? The goal pants?? I see you decided to post despite not meeting you comment quota on the previous post... well, I have news for ya! They have all switched and are now in MY Emily's #1 Fan Club!! Ya right, my computer would probably crash! (Yes, Aaron because it's "not a Mac") Happy Birthday Brian I think you're pretty great!~

Anonymous said...

The crying is hereditary, we are misting up reading this and missing you guys like crazy.
We love and miss all of you so much.
dad and Mom Phillips

Anonymous said...

ps: get some rest Brian, you look tired.
dad

Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Brian!!! We all agree, you are an all around great person. And you do always have a smile on your face!! We love ya!!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday Brian. Mid-September is a good time to bring great men into this world. (Brett's is the 15th) :)

Andy & Ashlee said...

Beef Jerky? I guess we know what to get Brian for Christmas! Hope you had a great birthday Brian...even though you had to speak in church (great talk by the way!). We are so glad we are neighbors with you and your cute family!

Shuman X Seven said...

Happy Birthday Brian... What a wonderful tribute! It is refreshing to see healthy happy marriages! Way to go guys!

Amy K said...

Cheers to you Brian, Happy Birthday! I have always thought you were one classy guy. I remember after our HS election, you were so concerned about me, and you came over to make sure I was okay. I think you would have passed over the win in a heart beat you felt that bad. :) Anyway there are lots of other examples of you being just a good person all around. I'm glad I know you and Lexie.

Ann said...

Happy Late Birthday from your neighbors!

Michelle W. Nate said...

Happy Birthday Brian. I don't think I've ever seen you without a smile. That's awesome. Oh, and Lex...on your anniversary (or sooner) I would love to hear about those stories.

John and Penny said...

Hey Brian sorry this is late. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am glad you are part of our family. I enjoy our talks and how comfortable we feel just hanging out together (I guess it's that Phillips Dally thing) Anyway sure love you and your sweet family. As the song on your blog is saying right now, "You have been blessed!" John

Aubreydoll said...

Okay, I know I left a comment on here before but it's obviously not here now! I want to hear some of these illusive stories!