Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today my dad would have turned 52 years old! I love telling my kids about him and how he is watching over them. Here are a few pictures that I love. Happy Birthday daddy, I miss you!

He was alway doing crazy/daring/dangerous things
He loved my mom perfectly
My siblings and I adored him
This was always one of my favorite things to do (I was definitely a little too old and too big to be doing it in this picture but I am the baby so I got away with it!)
He loved the outdoors
He had a great sense of humor
Did I mention he was always doing crazy things??

11 comments:

John and Penny said...

Thanks baby girl! I misss him too! He defintely was one crazy man! He was ALWAYS doing funny things to make us laugh. I will forever miss him and love him! We have a wonderful family! Love you. momma

Jill said...

I love reading your memories of your dad. He really was an amazing man that everyone loved to be around.

emily said...

Happy birthday day Daddy!! Will you please burn me a CD of the pictures of Daddy?? Thanks for putting up the pictures your awesome!! Love you!

Marie Lefler said...

Wow, has it been a year already? I remember you posting pictures for his birthday last year. I hope I am remembered and loved like he is. Thanks for sharing Lexie, it makes me appreciate all that I have in my life.

Stewart Family said...

I think of your dad all the time. He was a great guy. There was always something to laugh about(or should I say at) when he was around. He always made me feel part of the family. I love and miss him too. Love you too!

Nicholas and Brittani said...

I love those pictures, especially the one of you jumping to your dad! Those have got to be some great memories. Thanks for sharing them with everyone!

Cathie said...

I have studied and studied the first picture and I can not figure out what he is doing - or where he is going...that looks scary! What is not to love?!?

John and Penny said...

Great pictures Lexie and great comments. What a wonderful legacy your dad has left. And what wonderful people his example has created. John

Andy & Ashlee said...

That is definitely what I remember about your dad the most, he was always doing something adventurous! It is fun to see these pictures, he really was a great guy!

This Idaho Girl said...

Your dad was the best. Thanks for sharing those pictures, which embody so much who he was (and the legacy he left).

Mary Ellen said...

Lexie- This is so neat. Your dad was a great guy and this brought tears to my eyes. Mary