A few weeks ago, on our way out to Michigan, we stayed in a hotel in Holland, MI. Since it was our last night on "vacation" we let the girls stay up late and watch a movie with popcorn in one room while we watched a movie on TV in the other room. There was nothing really on so we kept changing the channel back and forth between "Man of the Year" and "The Haunting". I got bored fairly quick with "Man of the Year" and so we decided to watch "The Haunting" That all may seem irrelevant but later that night when we were all sleeping soundly I was awaken from a deep sleep by someone shouting with an Irish accent, "I'm the Man of the Year! I'm the Man of the Year! I'm the Man of the Year!" It took me a moment to realize this was coming from my sleeping husband (because of the Irish accent!) Once I realized he was the one shouting I couldn't fall back asleep because I was laughing too hard. Luckily I remembered this event in the morning (really, how could I forget?) and had a lot of fun telling him about it! Truly, he really is (and always will be) the "Man of the Year" to me!
Monday, September 10, 2007
My "Man of the Year"
A few weeks ago, on our way out to Michigan, we stayed in a hotel in Holland, MI. Since it was our last night on "vacation" we let the girls stay up late and watch a movie with popcorn in one room while we watched a movie on TV in the other room. There was nothing really on so we kept changing the channel back and forth between "Man of the Year" and "The Haunting". I got bored fairly quick with "Man of the Year" and so we decided to watch "The Haunting" That all may seem irrelevant but later that night when we were all sleeping soundly I was awaken from a deep sleep by someone shouting with an Irish accent, "I'm the Man of the Year! I'm the Man of the Year! I'm the Man of the Year!" It took me a moment to realize this was coming from my sleeping husband (because of the Irish accent!) Once I realized he was the one shouting I couldn't fall back asleep because I was laughing too hard. Luckily I remembered this event in the morning (really, how could I forget?) and had a lot of fun telling him about it! Truly, he really is (and always will be) the "Man of the Year" to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow. That's awesome. I always knew there was an Irish man needing some respect hidden deep inside Brian.
That is awesome! There must be something genetic in these Phillips Men, Christopher talks in his sleep all the time, but unfortunately I can't understand a word he is saying, as he is talking in Albanian.
That is too funny! It makes me like Brian even more!
Aw, we miss you guys and your crazy stories! But we love reading them on here. Keep up to good work.
That is hilarious! I am so excited that I found your cute little blog - we hope you love Michigan too! Change is good...At least that's what they say...=) Peace!
That story rocks!! I love sleep talking stories!! Paul, as you know, does it almost nightly. Not so funny when it's all the time! And if I had to vote I think I would vote Brian "Man of the Year", too! Love you guys!
Ey, he get's it from his poor mother's side. The other night we (him mom and me)[I am his dad] were staying at an expensive hotel in Salt Lake City when she awoke this poor laddie yelling and screaming. I ask my lassie, "yea, what da matter is" and she yells "The spiders are looking at me!!"... and then went back to sleep ever so peacefully while I lay awake thinking, what the....
Post a Comment