Sophie has a friend named Spencer who lives next door that she loves to play with, and Spencer has a bike! Brian and I have been watching her for the past 3 weeks trailing behind him as he rides his bike up our driveway and down the sidewalk and up his driveway. I have to say she's been so sweet about not asking for one! She would often say, "Someday it would be fun to have a bike, maybe when I'm 5." Which of course broke our hearts even more because she was willing to wait for one. We went to the store a few times and looked at bikes, but with our recent move and Brian back in school let's just say we're pinching pennies we don't have so we fought the urge to get Sophie a bike. A few days ago we stopped at the Goodwill store and to our amazement there were 2 bikes just perfect sizes for the girls (more on Nora's later). All we had to do was buy a new tube for Sophie's back tire and she was in business! And her face in these pictures really says it all. We know the Lord blessed us and that he is looking out for two little girls in Michigan!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Have you ever seen a girl this happy??
Sophie has a friend named Spencer who lives next door that she loves to play with, and Spencer has a bike! Brian and I have been watching her for the past 3 weeks trailing behind him as he rides his bike up our driveway and down the sidewalk and up his driveway. I have to say she's been so sweet about not asking for one! She would often say, "Someday it would be fun to have a bike, maybe when I'm 5." Which of course broke our hearts even more because she was willing to wait for one. We went to the store a few times and looked at bikes, but with our recent move and Brian back in school let's just say we're pinching pennies we don't have so we fought the urge to get Sophie a bike. A few days ago we stopped at the Goodwill store and to our amazement there were 2 bikes just perfect sizes for the girls (more on Nora's later). All we had to do was buy a new tube for Sophie's back tire and she was in business! And her face in these pictures really says it all. We know the Lord blessed us and that he is looking out for two little girls in Michigan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Tucker Says:
Sophie, you moved far away and I like your bike
What an adorable face! These pictures are priceless! I love you Sopher-doodle!
Am I silly that this made me cry? When you look at Sophie's Face you can see why Heavenly Father loves us so much! Congrats on your bike Sophie!
These picture are so cute. Sophie congrats on your bike. I love you all and miss you every day
Sophie- Congratulations on your cool bike! You are a lucky girl!
So cute about Sophie- I am glad she got a bike, what a sweet girl!
The blog about Brian was HILARIOUS!! Cort once sat up in his sleep and said "I'm so good, I'm so good, I'm so good" and then laid back down and was sound asleep- hehe!
Glad your doing so good in Michigan!
Post a Comment