Sunday, August 26, 2007

The girls



We went on a beautiful walk today close to our home. The girls LOVE to be outside and seem to just soak in everything around them. We saw a toad (which I caught so we could have a better look at it - but we didn't get a picture of it because it peed on my hand and I dropped it!), a bunny on our trail, and a beautiful red cardinal that Sophie spotted way up high in a tree. It was so fun to just be together and let the girls explore. They are growing up so fast! I love being able to be home with them each day and watch them learn new things and seeing their little minds work. They have been getting along so well and really love playing with each other. Sophie is a wonderful big sister, and is so excited for a new brother or sister to join our family, although she is hoping for a brother! Today she said she will love me, dad, nora and the baby in my belly forever. She is a sweetheart. Nora is a little crazy,typical 2 year old! She pretty much thinks she's invincible. At the playground she will climb everything and not stop until she gets to the top of whatever it is she is climbing. And I have to say she is pretty good at it! I think she's a little too confident though because she tries to do it as fast as possible. Her favorite saying lately is, "Actually, mom..." She says it all the time and it is so cute. What can I say, I'm one lucky mama!
(Sophie really was having a good time, she kind of looks sad in the picture and Nora just pulled her hair out of her ponytails!)

2 comments:

C Crane said...

Such cute girls! I am glad you have a good trip. I hope all goes well. I am sad for penelope sunflower, but now she and my mom and get together and pout!

emily said...

I love these pictures of your girls!! They are so stinkin cute!