Friday, July 13, 2007

A Princess Tea Party



Last month my side of the family all got together for the first time in way too long! So of course my mom had to plan something BIG for all her grandchildren. And what do little girls like better than princesses and tea parties?? Not much. So a princess tea party was planned for the girls and a pirate treasure hunt was planned for the boys. Those of you who know my mom know that she doesn't do anything half way. The tea party included handmade princess dresses (by my mom) for each girl, personalized tea cups, a purse full of princess items (tiaras, bracelets, lipstick, etc..) and a guest appearance by Cinderella who taught them some lovely dance moves, how to curtsy and even joined the girls for tea! The girls were dazzled and I'm sure will never forget it! The boys had their own kind of fun starting at my mom and john's house and had a treasure hunt that led them to the top of the mountain behind my mom's house where they dug up a real treasure box (buried earlier by my mom and john). It was full of pirate stuff like swords, gold coins, bones, and all kinds of pirate loot. It was a fun day for all, my girls are sure lucky to have such a wonderful Naunie and Grandpa.

3 comments:

Palmers said...

Lexie, my first comment! When do you leave for Michigan? It would really be nice to see you and see your cute little girls. Does Christopher live in PG too? Are you ever in our neighborhood? Let me know!

Cathie said...

A tea party with Cinderella. Man, you guys are LUCKY! Very cute.

Michelle W. Nate said...

Hi guys! Your family is so beautiful! I love your pictures. I need to get your camera. Share the info if you want. I have loved both of your families. I had the privilege of working with Penny on some set backdrops a couple of years ago. She is such a sweetheart. I love the party ideas. And yes, Brian would be a good daddy. I can totally see that. Congrats on the new baby! We have 3 also. Mark -6 Cameron -3 and Brooklynn -18 months. It is crazy, but oh so worth it. Good Luck in Michigan! Michelle Warburton Nate