Friday, December 12, 2014

Thanksgiving weekend.

 For the first time ever Thanksgiving this year was just us. I had invited a new family from our ward to come over but the dad is a medical student and ended up having to be in the hospital the whole day. Once we found that out I asked around a bit, but everyone else we asked had already made plans. And it was a great day. Sophie was pretty sad we weren't having any friends over, but we convinced her we'd survive. It was nice to not be worried about dinner being right on time or cleaning the house for guests. It was strange making a big dinner for just our family! After our turkey dinner we went sledding and then came back for pie.






 The Saturday after Thanksgiving we went to get our tree! We went to the same place as last year and had a lovely time.


 Nora wanted this huge tree that would probably take up our entire living room!




It's tradition to let the kids sleep under the tree the first night we put it up. A tradition that gets more fun the older they get because they will actually lay down and have fun looking at the tree rather than jumping all over the furniture until way past bedtime! What a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

nauniesunflower@yahoo.com said...

Looks like a great time! I love that you sleep under the tree, well the kids do! Yummy looking pies you all had. My favorite Thanksgiving is when you brought Louise home. I love your tree!