Sophie and 2 of her friends did a Battle of the Books for the 5th grade. Their team got 3rd place and were a bit disappointed but quickly got over it when they saw the medals given to the 1st place team were only plastic :)
We had a 84 degree day with 70% humidity and Wesley insisted it was too hot to be outside.
Wesley took a liking to this hat and insisted on wearing it while carrying a belt so he could be "Cowboy Batman" Three year olds are the best.
On Memorial day we did some yard work and played outside a lot, it was wonderful.
Miles has been learning to ride his bike without training wheels. We took them off at the end of last summer and he almost had it down but then it got too cold and we put the bikes away. After a week or so he's now got it. Which is nice because he really hates the sight of blood and was pretty sad with every knee scrape!

We broke out the water balloons one night.

The kids brought home their last book order of the year. The girls asked what they could do to earn $14.00 in one night to get some books they wanted and I laughed and said there was no way. Their awesome Aunt Cathrine sent the kids $20 to use for the book order so they were all pretty thrilled to pick something out!
Nora crafting on the deck.
We put in our garden! Here's hoping it will grow well. I'm not convinced it will get enough sun but our whole yard is shady so it seemed like the best place to put it. We shall see.
I found Sophie off by herself making stick people out of flower petals, grass and twigs. It made me happy that she's not too old to do stuff like that.
Me and my little buddy. I guess he's not so little anymore :)
Scooter likes to be wherever Brian and I are after the kids are in bed.
More Memorial Day:
We have a parade two blocks from our house that we go to on Memorial Day. It was fun, but so hot just standing there. And the parade is way too long. We talked the kids in to leaving before it was over and we came home and had popsicles with some friends who had parked at our house. I locked our keys in the house (first time doing that here!) so Brian put the ladder up to the girls bedroom and the three older kids climbed up and in the girls bedroom, which they thought was pretty cool.
Nora helping with some major trimming we did.
Fun with dad.
I took the van through the car wash and Wesley thought it was awesome.
Miles got a summer haircut. I'm still trying to convince Wes to let me do his. He really hates getting his haircut.
What a great month May was. I'm looking forward to having the kids home in just 9 more days! We also get to have visitors in June and are going camping as well, so we are all pretty excited.




















2 comments:
So fun to catch up. Everyone is growing so much. Love you all.
Another picture of my beauty boy I display life size and that I am so much in luv with.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg4mMx009PqLQ0fzz6H6sosoIB6XpUe419xnL2iLx0tvWG4W2oBb8PC2iPZ8lo2ddc7H3H85a0nh0sDHsoJyIz1Qrsm964eTZvrmG5x4h2Pnc4fsUNRZLTk27GBXTv8dBKMvpnNX7Dm-0Q/s0/IMG_20140529_153038656.jpg
I really luv that fact the picture is so clear and sharp he literally appears to be directly in front of me when I am admiring his looks and his beautiful face, and that it appears I can touch him as if he is all mine!
Post a Comment