On Thursday of Spring Break the kids and I went up to Brian's work for a quick visit! His campus is right downtown and I do not like driving downtown (although I know it isn't as bad here compared to a lot of cities!) Still. I went the wrong way down a one-way street and couldn't find a parking spot. Luckily Brian came out to meet us and showed me where to park! Phew.
Brian giving the kids a college course lecture on disabilities.... or something like that.
I'm sure his real students aren't this cute too look at, or show him their ninja moves :)
Daddy's office
There's a mini door with a lock on it that the kids are always so curious as to where it leads!
Looking at where the delicious ice cream gets made. Yum!
We ordered the smallest cone size and the lady gave each of the kids 3 scoops and told me how sweet and polite all the kids were. They were pretty happy about the size of their ice cream, although Nora and Wesley both didn't finish theirs, luckily I was there to assist.
We got to dog sit Scooter's very best friend, Henry. They are good buddies and played a lot. At bedtime we had to put Scooter in with the girls and shut their door and let Henry sleep on Brian and I's bed. He did great and slept right at the bottom all night.
Nora used some of her money to buy some balloons and spent a few hours doing this. She can be so patient when she's teaching herself something new and exciting. She now has plans for a balloon animal/lemonade stand this summer. One morning a sound woke me up at 6:30 and I wasn't sure what it was. I went upstairs thinking it was Scooter in the girls room, but it was Nora! She was sitting in her bed with her lamp on making balloon animals at 6:30am. Funny girl!
Reading Calvin & Hobbes is pretty much a daily thing.
After bedtime Brian and I were playing a game and Scooter had some bad gas.... Brian thought it was pretty terrible and was making such a big deal about it that I was laughing so hard I was crying.
Nora loves to bundle Scooter up on the couch like this. He's pretty patient with her shenanigans.
Nora sewed a skirt over the break, with some help from me. It is the skirt of many pockets.
I took the kids to the thrift store to find something, I can't remember what now, but I know we didn't find it. Miles had earned $3.00 for the month of March and used it to buy this dinosaur.
Some sibling bonding over technology... and yes, we put the crib up over Spring Break. I am debating about painting it white so I wanted to put it up to see just how badly I want to paint it. With this probably being the caboose I'm not sure I will, but sometimes I'll get a project in my head and HAVE to do it, so if that happens then I definitely will paint it white. :)
Spring Break was great and it really was bittersweet to send the kids to school today, it was pretty quiet with just Wesley and I around. It got me even more excited for summer break!








No comments:
Post a Comment