Our ward had a Pinewood Derby and invited everyone to participate. Of course this thrilled Sophie to no end since she is always wanting to join the Cub Scouts. So we built this little beauty and entered it in the competition. Our little car wasn't quite as fast as we'd hoped, but we all had fun anyway!
Nora takes holidays and any type of "theme" day very seriously. At school they had Color day and the 3rd graders were all assigned to wear....white. White? Isn't white the absence of color? And what parent in their right mind has a white wardrobe for their 3rd grader? Not me. And of course Nora couldn't be content with just wearing a white shirt. She had to go all out in typical Nora fashion. Since I wasn't going to go buy something just for this day we talked about bleaching some pants or something but she finally decided on this outfit. It is a swimsuit cover up. Later that day I looked back at the picture on my camera and spent about 10 minutes laughing because I sent my daughter to school in a swimsuit cover up and tights - in January no less. She didn't even have a shirt on underneath! What was I thinking? (Oh yes, I was thinking that she was happy and there was no drama or tears over not having the right thing to wear.) She also spent a lot of time making her white bracelet, earrings, headband and necklace to go with her outfit. She also made a white puff ball bunny and a little home for him that she took to school as well. I love this girl. She is quirky and delightful.
The girls had fun demolishing this wall with a hammer.
In my last post I mentioned how I wanted to take out a wall in the girls room (technically it was a closet.) Well, Brian did it for me on Saturday. He must really love me because on Wednesday of that week he stayed up at work all night long (without sleeping) working on a grant and then worked and taught 2 classes on Thursday and didn't come home until 6. Then Friday he stayed up until 2 grading papers and Saturday morning took 3 of the kids to a birthday party while I had a primary meeting. When he got home he started this project for me because he knew how much I wanted it done, but I needed his help to do it. Such a nice husband! So I've been working on finishing the girls room all week and can't wait to have it done. Fun!
In my last post I mentioned how I wanted to take out a wall in the girls room (technically it was a closet.) Well, Brian did it for me on Saturday. He must really love me because on Wednesday of that week he stayed up at work all night long (without sleeping) working on a grant and then worked and taught 2 classes on Thursday and didn't come home until 6. Then Friday he stayed up until 2 grading papers and Saturday morning took 3 of the kids to a birthday party while I had a primary meeting. When he got home he started this project for me because he knew how much I wanted it done, but I needed his help to do it. Such a nice husband! So I've been working on finishing the girls room all week and can't wait to have it done. Fun!



1 comment:
Wow that is a great husband of yours :) and with Nora dressing in white, Cora totally does this all the time she wants to wear all the same color then likes to be referred to as pink girl or white girl or black girl. We should get them together and see what they come up with :)
Love you
Post a Comment