Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October happenings

A few things we've done this month:

Joined our ward in doing a service project at a school in Madison!
The girls had an Open House at their school where we all got to go tour the school and check out the fun things they are doing. I have been impressed with their school, and their teachers, so far!




We've gone to the park - a lot! We live within walking distance to 4-5 great parks. We've been taking advantage of the beautiful fall weather and spending lots of time at them.

Lots of reading! It's fun to compare the differences in the kids, or maybe I should say "celebrate their differences" since I'm not comparing because it matters in the least. Nora hasn't picked up reading as quickly as Sophie did so she is just now starting to be able to really read more than just very simple books on her own, and is loving that she can sit and read a book to the boys. But it must be said that she is pretty darn good with numbers, and that is the area that is harder for Sophie. I really love to see the different strengths that they have. Sophie decided to read Harry Potter! However, she got to the end of the 1st one and got a bit scared, so I read it too and then read the end to her. She has decided to wait until she's older to keep reading. I, however, finished the first 3 books in a week and am using great restraint to get some things accomplished before starting up again! I didn't completely neglect everyone though, I took the boys to the park and the library and let them play while I read, then Brian had lots of meetings so I would read again at night while he was gone! :)The kids have had fun skating and biking outside!

1 comment:

John and Penny said...

What a great fall you are having! Looks like you are all doing some pretty fun things.
I love the look on Wesley's face in the park. What a cutie. The pic of the girls on the fire engine is so funny. I have to say it gave me a laugh! It is so good that the kids are doing so well in school and they love it there. I'm so glad Nora loves numbers, must be a Phillips thing? Love you all and miss you a ton!