The next leg of our trip was driving from Colorado to Castle Dale, Utah. It was fun to see so much of this:

Mountains!

The kids like to entertain Wesley in the back. With all the other kids we were so anxious to turn them around in their car seats so they could face forward. I don't know if Wesley will like it or not when he gets turned around. He has a pretty good view! We stopped quickly in Grand Junction to see my mom's sister, Aunt Deb. She gave the kids some books and ice cream and we saw her garden and stretched our legs in her yard. It was fun to see her!

When we were about 30 minutes from Castle Dale the GPS told us to take this road for the next 23 miles. We barely made it through the first washout but then met a big truck coming through and he advised us to turn around :) If it hadn't rained a few days prior to our trip this road would have been fine. We turned around and went a different way.

We made it to the Beagley's house! Yay! It was so fun to see them again. We are hoping they'll make a trip out here someday to see us ;)

Kyle quickly won Miles over by letting him drive his "digger" and even use the levers to dump some sand. Miles was in heaven.

Here is Nora, Kirsten and Claire on the tramp. Cute girls!

Sophie and Jannika. They are getting so big and had fun together.

Nora and Kirsten slept in the same room and were up very late and up again bright and early playing dolls.

Miles and Claire played together good as well!
We also got to see my friend Tera from High School and her 4 cute kids. Then we stopped to see my grandparents who live in the bustling metropolis of Wellington, but I can't seem to locate my pictures! I am pretty sure I took some so I will post those when I find them.
3 comments:
Miles is being so stinking cute in all of the pictures in these posts! Oh how we miss you all! Congrats to Sophie on her sweet doll!
I'm so glad we got to see you guys and that our kids jumped right in and started playing with each other! Good times!
Is Jannika really that much taller than Sophie???
So glad you got to make that trip to see everyone. I know Aunt Deb and Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed seeing you all.
Post a Comment