Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sweet at Seven

I can't believe Sophie is seven years old! She had a great day. In fact, according to her it was the "best birthday ever". Which I am pretty sure she has said every year. She is a sweet and wonderful girl and we are SO happy she is ours! Here's what her big day was like:

She requested blueberry muffins, bacon and a raspberry smoothie for breakfast

Then we opened presents. She got an alarm clock and a nightgown (those are the two things she asked for) and a Calico Critter bunny family. She was pretty excited.

Then she had two friends over to do a few crafts, decorate cupcakes and play. After that we went to lunch at Subway and to the Aquatic Center for some swimming. The kids all had coupons to Subway and the swimming from the library reading program they've been doing. Our neighbors the Seedall family came swimming with us. I didn't take my camera so I didn't have to worry about losing/ruining it while swimming. But we had a great time!
After swimming we had a neighborhood bbq. Sophie loves holding baby Benny! The neighbors all spoiled her by giving her a shrinky dinks machine, a 5.00 gift card to the Dollartree with a coloring book, and a notebook for her to write stories in and some baby bunnies that matched the family we had given her. She was so happy!
For dinner she requested STEAK. This girl has always loved meat. Since I am not a red meat fan I am not the most competent steak maker.... which became more evident when Sophie requested that it be a "Clayton steak". Clayton is our neighbor who grills a yummy steak! He seasoned it for us since he couldn't be to the party. Thanks Clayton! I think she ate the whole thing!
Miles and Eliza looking pretty worn out after our long day of fun!
Cute Eleanor
Little Grant scouring the older kids leftover plates to see if there's anything he wants - he's such a cutie.
She looks so happy to have us all singing to her!
What a sweetheart
The kids can't have a party without a pinata so this year we decided to make our own! The girls and I had a fun time making it (it's a cupcake if you can't tell!) , it was easy and lots cheaper, and now we are going to start one for Nora's birthday!
Later that night she got to talk to her grandma and grandpa Phillips on the computer and open the presents they mailed. They sent some Magic Tree House books and a Calico Critter carrying case/house to use with her little animals. She was thrilled about those. She had a great day and it was so fun to celebrate the day she joined our family.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Sophie, we love you!

Kyle and Janell said...

Happy Birthday Sophie! I love the pinata. So cute!

Marianne & Clayton said...

She is such a doll, how can you not love her?

P.S. In that first shot you don't look pregnant at all. Not even a little bit!

John and Penny said...

Well Sophie I am glad I at least sent you a special note in your card because I didn't talk to you on the phone or the computer. By the time I remembered I should call you it was after work but it was 9:00PM our time and I knew you would be fast asleep. And you know how I "love" the phone. Anyway I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday. You are such a wonderful grand-daughter. I have the Grandpa's day card you sent with you and Nora and Miles picture on the front sitting on my desk so I can see you every morning when I go in my office. Love you!

John and Penny said...

I knew it wold be your BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! I hope every years just gets better and better just like you! I love you and can't wait to see you! Happy Birthday to a very sweet grandaughter!

Johnson said...

What a FUN day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We love you!