Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pioneer Day!

This is one day of the year that we really miss Utah! No parades and no day off from work! But our ward had a fun activity this morning that went to. It is fun to remember all the pioneers who sacrificed so much for our church.
I took this picture right when we walked out of the house this morning - It was so humid my lens fogged up immediately!
The kids got to do a pioneer walk around the gym singing the classic "Pioneer children sang as they walked." I found Nora this dress at the thrift store. Since Sophie has a pioneer outfit I knew Nora would want to wear one. She was pretty happy about it.
Sophie was excited to wear her pioneer outfit that Naunie made for her.
And Miles was excited to go as a cowboy/pioneer!
How I love this boy.
Oh, and here's a picture of Miles leading his team to the tug-o-war victory! :)

7 comments:

John and Penny said...

Happy Pioneer Day! How fun that your ward had a party. The kids look adoarbale as usual! I love what a man Miles is! I am sure with all that muscle he is putting into that tug- war his team won! The girls as so cute. Can't wait to see you all!

John and Penny said...

Wow Miles is really giving it his all and I mean his all! what a great picture. Of course the girls look cute as usual. Happy 24th!!!
Grandpa John

Emily said...

We sure missed you floating the river, but looks like you guys had a great day! The kids look so cute!

Brady and Rachel said...

That tug o war pic is AWESOME! Look at him! haha. :)And the little girl at the end seems to be ever so carefully winding the rope up. Keeping it nice and neat. :)

Kyle and Janell said...

What a fun activity...and cute pioneer outfits!

Jill said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE that picture of Miles swinging from the rope! Hysterical! Go, Miles, GO!

K'Lyn said...

ditto Jill. I am still laughing. I love it! I miss the preston 8th ward pioneer parade we had when I was little. This reminded me so much of it. Your mom is so fabulous to make your girls those dresses! What fun!