Sophie - insists upon a skirt if at all possible, with the cold winter here she willl wear pants to school. But they CANNOT be AT ALL tight. I bought several pairs of cute jeans for her at the beginning of the school year and they are ALL in her drawer, unworn. She wears what we call "comfy pants" (sweat pants or yoga-ish pants) and I'm thankful for that! She is also very picky about the fabric of her tops (can't be too itchy!), any type of elastic around the sleeves, neck or waist (can't be tight!) and any embroidery or design on the shirt can't be felt on the inside (again -too itchy!) Needless to say I rarely buy her stuff unless she tries it on! The instant (like the same time as her coat and shoes!) she walks in the door from school her pants are off and she is in a skirt!
Nora - not as picky as Sophie but she has a few things that she loves and will get upset if they are not available. She would be happy to stay in her footy pajamas all day long.... and sometimes she does! She loves to wear anything purple and if I want her in something else I have to convince her (like, "Oh - I bet Naunie would LOVE this shirt", or ,"I can't wait to see what daddy thinks of these really cool pants!")
I love these two silly girls! They make our home light up.
9 comments:
I wish Ellie was like Sophie when it came to clothes. She is always putting on things that are too tight and it doesn't even bother her! I have to nip this in the bud now! No skin tight clothes! :)
When Maddie was Sophie's age she LOVED dresses. That is all she would wear or her jammies. Corey could care less about what he wears. Chloe isn't too picky yet, but as stubborn as she is, I'm sure it will change. What cute little girls you have!!
I'll bet they both grow up to be fashion designers. But you are right it doesn't matter what they were they are both awesome! Grandpa John
Oh man, I love that your girls have it all figured out. My oldest boy is so picky. We've had many tears over things at our house. It started about Sophie's age too. Like you we have awesome jeans in the drawer that he won't wear. He would never be caught in sweats at school though. He came home the other day with his baggy legged pants the other day partially hanging off his backside. He proceeded to tell me that this is how the gangstas where them and look how cool it looks. YIKES! Not happening at this house. That look is not happening if I have to go to school everyday with him. I asked him if he knew what a gangster was...and of course the answer was no. Hopefully now that it has been explained the look will be out of his mind.
I love it! Way to raise independent minded girls. They are quite spunky, too. Wonder where they get it?
Brian and Lexie, You have a beautiful family! (and a very cute blog to boot!)
...it was fun seeing what is happening in your lives:)
That is hilarious- I love it when kids dress all crazy. Alexis hasn't yet taken that initiative- she still lets me dress her, but I'm totally looking forward to her coming up with her own crazy outfits!
My dauhgter is the same way, I can't pick her clothes out either, but I have to take her shopping with me too cause if I buy something she doesn't like she will not wear it at all!
I can soooo relate to this. Who knew these preferences would come so early!
Post a Comment