Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall pictures

Because of my LOVE of autumn we get family pictures pretty much every year in the fall!
Here are this years results:

Nora is by FAR the hardest to capture - this was the one and only picture of all three kids that worked out. But it's cute so I'm happy!

Confused Miles!
Sweet Nora!
Lovely Soph!

I can't decide which family picture I like better

Black & White?

Or color? What do you think???

Thanks Ashlee for taking the family shots!

28 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Cute pictures! I think I might like the color one best otherwise why take pictures in the fall?!

GWF said...

Hey, I finished the book - when would you like to pick it up?

The family picture at the top of the page is perfect. Candid, and captures the moment.

Marie Lefler said...

Love the pictures. I would like to do something like that as well for our family. So much cuter than a studio picture.

As for your family picture, I would definitely say the color. I love all the vibrant colors of autumn and in your clothes. YOu all look so cute and matchy!

Beautiful Family!

Jeremy & Andrea said...

I love the color. i can smell apple pie....the red really pops and that can be oh so fun. You know if you really wanted to you could play around with the color and mute some colors more than others....it would be fun. So cute. I so so wish we were closer. Lizzie asked me today if we could take more family pictures, *sigh*. I have to agree with the love for your banner picture. adorable.

Becky said...

I love color lately so color! They are way cute pics! I love fall too, Doug kept asking me why we needed pictures, he said once a year was enough, so I said okay every fall then! :)

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I love the color one! It is you beautiful!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Ok I can't type sorry for the above dippy post. You all are beautiful!

Daughter of God said...

So cute! I like the color one better.

Johnson said...

I love the colors you chose to wear. I love both color or b&w. Maybe you could antique the color one a little bit. Cute family!!

John and Penny said...

I agree with the color because of the background and the red in your cloths. Sure love and miss you all. Glad Naunie could be there and I'll be brave even though I am lonely. (do you feel sorry for me? Just a little?) Grandpa

Brady and Rachel said...

You always have the cutest family pictures. Probably because you guys have the cutest family so that has to help, but still. I love both pictures, but probably the color because for Fall, the colors are the best part of all.

Cathie said...

Great pictures! You are so gorgeous with a gorgeous family. I vote color.

The Morgans said...

Great pictures!! You have such a beautiful family.

Emily said...

Love those pics of your little ones. You guys definitely got good genes--Darling outfits Lexie. Great choice for fall pictures.

Andy & Ashlee said...

I say color as well! The pictures of your kids all turned out so well. They were all so cooperative, what is your secret? I couldn't get one of my girls together to save my life. They all turned out so cute!

Clark Family said...

Color! You have such a beautiful family! Oh, by the way we love your music, we listen to it often.

Amy K said...

Great pictures Lexie, and the bottom one with Miles that you took is great! I have a huge favor to ask you. I need some photograhy advice... would you help me? What's your email address, could you email me? It's amykpalmer@yahoo.com. I told a neighbor that I would take their family pitures (just so I could learn and have a fun experience) but I'm starting to feel nervous about it and unsure about a few things. I'd love to get some advice from you and find out what you've learned.
p.s. I like the color one a lot. The colors you chose are so cute!!

Cort, Amanda, Jack, and Hank said...

Cute new do on your blog. I love Fall also. I like them both- but you definitely need the color pic to show the fall. And way cute outfits.
When you coming to Preston again? I was sad thinking I would never see you again cuz your mom moved, but then I remembered Brian's fam lives here.

Michelle W. Nate said...

Color all the way! Fall is all about color. Such beautiful pictures. Someday I might get Jeff to take a family photo. I would love to have one, but he is not a picture man. :( Love yours though.

Stewart Family said...

Cute family pictures. I like color as well as everyone else I guess. Can't wait to see it in a Christmas card. Hint Hint. Miss you!!

emily said...

I hate you for always looking good in pictures!! I pretty much look like a idiot in all photos! You are so good to take family photos! The kids look ADORABLE!

Dawn said...

I love them all! Great pics. I love the outfits too.

Cox Family said...

Cute Family!! Super cute kids!! Color is better.

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Hey Lexie! I love your fall pics. Long time, since I've had contact with you. How have you been? Oh by the way I love the color pic best, because it catches the pretty fall colors that your family is wearing. Your little guy is super cute and the girls have grown up I can't believe it.

ANDREA said...

okay i didnt look at any other comments because i didn't want to be swayed- but i love the colored one- it jumps out at you way more. you guys are so cute. and seriously you have only just gotten prettier and prettier since high school. and i love to see you and brian together and happy and with such cute kids. how fun. and i wondered if ashlee took those pictures- and sure enough. she's awesome. so cute!

ANDREA said...

and oh- i LOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE the pic in your banner/header. i love it so much. i just went with some friends on a photo shoot to help try to get the kids to look at the camera. thats about all the types of shots we got too- and they are so candid and real i love it

Jennalee :) said...

so cute you guys!! i actually am a fan of the b&w pic, though the colors are so cute! You have such a sweet little family!! (i just realized i might just be the only one voting this way)

K'Lyn said...

I like the color, or the idea of antique/vintage on the color. Curt liked B&W best